Keep Your Smile Beautiful With General Dentistry in San Antonio
For more than 30 years, patients have trusted Dr. Philip Miner for general dentistry in San Antonio. He and our skilled team provide one-on-one treatment to each member of our patient family. We focus on taking great care of our patients, not seeing how many people we can get in and out each day. Our general dental services will help you:Dr. Philip Miner on an overview of general dentistry Read Transcript
So with all of the discussion of some of the more sophisticated procedures, cosmetic procedures, implant type procedures, we still have to realize there’s a difference between general dentistry out there. There are fillings that are still being done, there’s crowns, bridges, that type of thing. So, basically, we have the opportunity to partner with these brand-new procedures, or newer procedures do that. We also have some stuff that’s very time proven that we can also perform, previous with our patients. Oftentimes that’s all they really need.
The dentistry’s changed drastically. So in terms of how to better take care of our patients, it all starts with their recall, recare type appointments. We have hygienists that are very skilled at being able to perform the latest procedures, in that regard. I think they do a really nice job of explaining it. Each day we get more science coming out about the overall health aspect of dental care and dental conditions. People with periodontal disease have much more in the way of systemic illness than you might even imagine. We’re finding out more and different things.
So, it all starts with some really, really good controls, and measures, and visits on the front end. That would be through our hygiene department. At that point we can better assess how we can take good care of the patient. It’s not always through crowns and fillings; a lot of the times it’s just periodontal health care and overall health concerns.
- Maintain a healthy and attractive smile.
- Catch and treat dental problems early, before they can cause extensive (and expensive) damage.
- Get peace of mind that your smile is in good hands.
- Protect your teeth from damage when playing sports or being active.
Make your appointment for general oral care today. Call (210) 610-8505 to speak with one of our friendly team members. Our address is 1100 Northwest Loop 410, Suite 825 – centrally located for residents in the 78213 ZIP code.
Rely on Our Care For the Health of Your Smile
When you and your family need a new smile care professional on the northwest side of San Antonio, Miner Dental is your dentist office. We offer you many types of general dental treatments so that you don’t have to drive all over town! Our services include:
- Dental Cleanings and Exams – Enjoy your cleanest, freshest, and healthiest mouth. Visit us twice a year to keep smiling confidently.
- Gum Disease Treatment – We’ll get your gums healthy again with deep cleaning techniques or gentle laser treatment.
- Custom Athletic Mouthguards – You and your kids can protect your smiles during athletic activities. Fun colors are available!
- Custom Bruxism Mouthguards – These appliances stop bruxism (teeth grinding) that can damage your teeth enamel.
- Fluoride Treatments – Be proactive about preventing cavities and disease in your pearly whites.
- Tooth Sealants – Sealants function as “raincoats for your teeth” to form a barrier between your tooth enamel and harmful bacteria that can cause cavities.
- Nutritional Counseling – Our team will help you understand how better food choices can improve both your smile and your overall health.
- Dry Mouth Treatment – We can test you for this condition and treat you with products designed to keep your mouth moist.
- Halitosis (Bad Breath) Treatment – Avoid social embarrassment with the help of specialty products.
When you need general dentistry in San Antonio, visit the dentist trusted for over three decades. Call (210) 610-8505 today to schedule an appointment with Dr. Miner. For convenience, you can also request an appointment time online.